Wetumpka, Alabama, has long been known as “The City of Natural Beauty.” It’s no surprise then that Hollywood has taken notice, too. Most recently, the town hosted HGTV’s special series Home Town Takeover, and now you can see all the transformative film locations for yourself! (We miss you, Ben and Erin!)
Thanks to Main Street Wetumpka’s collaboration with local business Publications Press (also the signmaker for the show), you can now pick up a film map at The Tourist Trap (211 Orline Street) or the Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce (116 East Bridge Street).
But to get you started, below you’ll find all the film locations which have become a major part of the downtown Wetumpka experience!
- Tapp 18, 227 Hill St.: HTT Episode 1 “First Hammer Swing”
- Jerry’s Barber Shop (Now Sweet Home Bookstore), 107 E. Bridge St.: HTT Episode 2 “The Mayor is also the Barber”
- Coaches Corner Bar & Grill, 203 Orline St.: HTT Episode 3 “Longest Bar in Alabama”
- Jeannette Barrett Civic Room, 297 Wharf St.: HTT Episode 4 “Say Yes to Wetumpka”
- Company Street: HTT Episode 5 “A Little Spark Can Go a Long Way”
TIP: If you watched “Road to Takeover” with Jason Pickens, you saw plenty of people enjoy a Frios Gourmet Popsicle at 100 Company Street. Be sure to stop in for an Alabama-made treat at this local favorite!
- Farmers Market, 304 E. Coosa St.: HTT Episode 6 “Blooming on the Coosa”
TIP: There’s no access to the mural at Coaches, but you’ll find this is the best spot to view it.
- The Tourist Trap, 215 Orline St.: HTT Episode 8 “Talk of the Town”
TIP: You’ll find the “Together WEtumpka Can Do So Much” mural, as well as the “World’s Smallest Park in Wetumpka” at this location.
- The Grass Harp (1995), 101 E. Bridge St.
- The Rosa Parks Story (2002), 112 Company St.
- Big Fish (2003), 109 Company St.